- Haifeng Zhao, William Kallander, Tometi Gbedema, Henric Johnson, and S. Felix Wu, 2011. "Read What You Trust: An Open Wiki Model Enhanced by Social Context." In Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Social Computing (SocialCom2011).
- Kelley B. Herndon Ford, Kush R. Varshney, Tracy D. Lemmond, William G. Hanley, Barry Y. Chen, and William C. Kallander, 2009. "The Feature Analysis of Flow-Based Statistics for Network Traffic Classification." Technical Report. Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California, September 2009.
Some titles of papers I've written for various classes I've taken:
- "Covert Social Network Analysis: Current Analysis Techniques and Limitations" survey of using social network analysis techniques on terrorist and criminal organizations. Submitted for ECS 289M (Special Topics in Online Social Networks) at UC Davis.
- "Discovering Community Structure in Networks" survey of community discovery in graphs, comparing information theoretic, graph theoretic, and probabilistic approaches. Submitted for ECS 289G (Special Topics in Data Mining) at UC Davis.
- "The Semantic Web: A Programming Languages Perspective" discusses the W3C semantic web languages from a PL viewpoint. Submitted for ECS 240 (Programming Languages) at UC Davis.
- "A Naive Branch Predictor" which evaluates a Naive Bayes branch predictor, favorably comparing with Jiminez' perceptron-based predictors. Submitted for ECS 201A (Computer Architecture) at UC Davis.
- "A Comparison of HITS and PageRank" submitted for CSE 589 (Applied Algorithms) at UW.
Open Talks and Presentations:
- [August 2011] CyberDefenders series talk about (and live demonstrations of) commercial and open source malware services and toolkits (at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory).
- [February 2006] Technical talk given on the NEON ontology language, with a comparison to W3C's Ontology Web Language (OWL) (at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory).
- [November 2005] Technical talk given on IBM's Unstructured Information Management Architecture (UIMA) with overview of structured extensions. (at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory).
- [13 March 2003] Presentation of "A Hierarchical Machine Learning (Classifier) Based Approach to Open Directory Project Submissions." Class project presentation for CSE 592 (Artificial Intelligence) at UW.
- [6 June 2002] Presentation of "A Database Schema and Application for Online Collaborative Annotation and Concordance of Literary Works." Class project presentation for CSE 594 (Database Systems) at UW.
- [July 2001] "Developer's Introduction to JUnit" (at Performant, Inc.)
- Milici, Robert C., 2000, Bituminous Coal Production in the Appalachian Basin -- Past, Present, and Future. U.S. Geological Survey Miscellaneous Field Studies Map MF-2330. (Digital Compilation By William C. Kallander, Woody G. Wallace, and Eric A. Morrissey).
- Attanasi, Emil D. and Milici, Robert C., 1998. Appalachian Basin Bituminous Coal: Weight Percent Sulfur of Produced Coal by County, As Received at the Power Plant. U. S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 98-763. Digital Compilation by William C. Kallander and Woody G. Wallace.